4 oz real butter (salted)
3 oz sugar
4 oz ground almonds
1 large cooking appleMethod:
1 oz sugar
Preheat oven to moderate. Grease a square or rectangular non-stick baking tin.
- Cream the butter with the 3 ozs of sugar.
- Stir in the ground almonds.
- Break the eggs into the mixture and beat them in.
- Peel and core the apple and slice it into a saucepan. Add the 1 oz of sugar.
- Put the pan on the heat and stew the apple until it is fluffy. Beat it to ensure it is all smooth.
- Take the stewed apple and (while still hot) pour it into the almond mixture. Stir it quickly into the mixture and beat it a bit to add some air.
- Pour the mixture into the greased tin.
- Bake in moderate oven for about 25 minutes.
- Cool in the tin and then cut into bars with a plastic spatula. Alternatively serve warm with custard for pudding.