4 oz butter
4 oz soft brown sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
8 oz plain flour
2 tsp ground ginger
Oven 190º C, 375ºF, Gas 5, Fan oven 170.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in syrup.
- Stir in flour and ginger.
- mix until it forms a soft dough.
- Roll out on floured suface to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut out shapes, the larger the better.
- Decorate with raisins for eyes etc, if required.
- Grease baking trays.
- Put the gingerbread on the trays. Bake for 10 minutes, till golden.
- Allow to cool a bit until they're firm enough to transfer them to a rack to cool.