5 oz butter
4 oz SR flour
2 oz plain flour
3 oz light soft brown sugar
6 oz stoned dates
NB don't forget to add both sorts of flour!
- Put the butter in the mixing bowl. Soften it in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Add the two sorts of flour and mix it well.
- Add the sugar and the dates. I think the dates need to be cut in half.
- Combine well together.
- Grease an 8 inch square tin.
- Put the mixture in the tin and press it down lightly.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350ºF, 180ºC, Gas 4, Fan oven 160º.
- Cool slightly, cut into fingers, dust with icing sugar.