8 oz mushrooms (250g)
2 oz butter (50 g)
1 large carrot
4 tbsp sour cream
salt and freshly ground pepper
- Wipe and slice the mushrooms, stalks and all.
- Heat the butter in a small pan and add the mushrooms.
- Peel the carrot and grate it into the pan.
- Cover and simmer gently for 5 minutes tossing occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream.
- Season to taste with salt and ground pepper.
Serve hot. This can be served as a starter as it is, or as a veg accompaniment, or serve it over a hot hard boiled egg (one per person, halved) on top of couscous or rice or mashed potato, for a perfectly delicious dinner.