Preheat the oven to 180º/350º/Gas 4.
You will need:Ramekins or other small oven-proof dishes, one for each person.
- Eggs: one or two per person, as explained above.
- Tzatziki: about a teaspoon per person.
- Double cream: about two tsp per person.
- Break one or two eggs into each small oven-proof dish.
- Blob a small spoonful of tzatziki into the egg white (anywhere: no need to spread it).
- Grind a little salt over the egg.
- Pour enough double cream over the top to more or less cover the surface. (Do this slowly: the cream will rise to the surface after a moment. Don't put more than you need).
- Stand the dishes on a baking tray. Some people say you should put some hot water in the tray but that will slow the cooking down and makes little difference to how much they stick.
- Bake in the oven until the top rises and browns a little. About 10 to 15 minutes I guess.
- Serve the eggs in the dishes, on a larger plate with toast fingers and garnish for a starter, or on a larger plate with vegetables and side dishes for a main meal.
Note: The cream is to prevent the top of the eggs going leathery: it can't be omitted. A little grated cheese can be used instead if you have no cream.