A joint of lamb (shoulder or leg)
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
sprigs of rosemary
- Weigh the joint and calculate the cooking time
- Cut little slits in the skin of the lamb and slide the slices of garlic in just under the skin; do the same with some rosemary leaves.
- Put the joint in an enamel roasting tin
- Scatter the remaining rosemary in at the sides; put on the lid.
- Roast in the oven as follows:
Time: for medium rare 20 minutes per lb plus 20 minutes; for well done 25 minutes per lb plus 25 minutes.
Roast potatoes can be added 45 minutes before the end, and should be turned at least once.
Serve with gravy and mint sauce.