3 oz Self raising flour
2 level tablespoons of cocoa powder
1.5 oz butter/margarine
3 oz caster sugar
5 tablespoons or a quarter of a cup of milk
a few drops of vanilla essence
For the Sauce (which sinks during the baking)
2 oz soft brown sugarAn ovenproof dish of 1.5 pint capacity. Oven 355º F or Gas mark 4
1.5 level tablespoons of cocoa powder
half a pint of boiling water
a sprinkling of caster sugar
- Sift the flour with cocoa.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and ix into the sifted ingredients, with the caster sugar.
- Stir in milk and vanilla essence.
- Turn mixture into greased dish, spreading evenly.
- Mix soft brown sugar and cocoa together and sprinkle over the pudding mixture.
- Pour over the boiling water
- Bake at 355º F or Gas mark 4 for 35 mins.
- Sprinkle the top with caster sugar before serving.