250 g bitter/plain chocolate
2 tbsp milk
6 tbsp sugar
6 eggs separated
240 g ground almonds
(For some reason the hand written version of this recipe also has [butter & flour) written on the bottom of the left column of ingredients... possibly it means butter and flour the tin before you pour the stuff in)
Preheat oven, 180ºC.
- Melt the chocolate with the milk in a bain marie vel sim.
- Mix melted chocolate with almonds, sugar and egg yolks and beat well.
- Fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites and pour into cake tin, preferably with removable base. [no size given...]
- Bake in preheated oven for 3/4 to one hour.
- When cool, turn out and sprinkle with caster sugar/icing sugar to decorate.
125 g plain chocolate
50g unsalted butter
1 egg, beaten
175 g sifted icing sugar
- Melt chocolate and butter in bain marie
- Mix with wooden spoon
- Add egg and beat until smooth
- Remove mixture from heat.
- Stir in icing sugar and beat until smooth and glossy.
- Pour straight on for smooth thin icing or leave to cool for thicker icing (recommended)