1 tbsp melted butter
4 oz (100 g) cottage cheese
2 oz (50 g) Self raising flour
1 tbsp milk
- Add the melted butter to the cottage cheese and gradually whisk in the eggs (a hand whisk or fork is fine for this).
- Stir in the flour and milk, and mix to a smooth thick batter.
- Grease the griddle or frying pan.
- Heat the griddle or frying pan.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the griddle. Turn them over with a wooden spatula or with a knife and wooden spoon. They should be golden on both sides by the end.
- Serve freshly cooked with crisp hot bacon, honey, jam or jelly.