One pack of mixed ready-cooked seafood from tescos
a few anchovy fillets
One onion, peeled and chopped
1 oz butter
1 tbsp flour
half a pint of milk
salt to taste
scant 1 lb new potatoes
fresh basil leaves
- scrub or scrape the potatoes till they are pretty naked.
- boil them in salted water until just done but not fragile.
- drain them and tip them into a bowl
- chop them roughly with the basil leaves. Add a knob of butter.
- melt the 1 oz of butter in a pan.
- fry the chopped onion until it is translucent.
- add the flour to make a roux, cook gently and then slowly add milk to make a white onion sauce.
- add chopped anchovy fillets and the seafood. Season with further salt if required (but the anchovies are salty).
- Put the seafood mixture in a small oven-proof dish. Spread the crushed basil potatoes on top. Dot with further butter and bake in a moderate oven until piping hot and crispy on top.
- Serve with minted peas, and additional new potatoes if required.