1 1/2 lbs gooseberries
6 oz flour
2 oz butter
4 oz sugar
- Top and tail the gooseberries.
- Add a spoonful of water and some sugar and bring to the boil or microwave till they are soft. Test for sweetness, and add more sugar if necessary. Don't make them too sweet.
- Put them in a greased dish.
- Heat the oven.
- Put the flour and butter in a mixing bowl and rub in.
- Add the sugar. Stir till sugar is well dispersed.
- Pour the crumble over the fruit.
- Bake in a moderate oven for about half an hour.